cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to unzip STSW-WISE-MAC 1.1.0. File is corrupted.

SZuer.1
Associate II

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @LeeS (Community Member)​,

As mentionned upper, the problem is an attribute “com.apple.quarantine�? applied by latest version of Mac OS on files downloaded.

Currently, possible solutions are:

1. From Terminal, type: xattr -cr /PATH_TO_FILE/WiSE-Studio.app

> This is the workaround mentioned by @SZuer.1 (Community Member)​ , the attribute is removed.

1. Download the file on a Windows PC, unzip and copy the .dmg file to a MAC PC. In this way, the attribute is not applied because the download is done in Windows.

Now, I agree the clean solution is to have a signature from Apple Developer Authority. We will notify you once it will be available.

Regards,

Sebastien.

Sorry, didn't see this issue was already been resolved. I'll just leave this comment here, since it provides a more user friendly alternative to using terminal, in case it may help someone.

I had the same issue. You have to "force" open it using those instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh40616/12.0/mac/12.0

(basically just opening Wise-Studio holding Control button from your finder). But in my case it didn't help - Wise-Studio just stays in the tray.

PSuvi.1
Associate II

Can someone help with opening Wise-Studio on Mac after all? Please find the attached video with the issue (basically app "opens" and stays in the dock).

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

OS version: Monterey (12.4)

Many thanks,

Warm regards,

Pavel

I've just raised a separate question for this (can be found here). Feel free to ignore/delete this comment to avoid confusion (I can't delete it myself)

Hi @PSuvi.1​ 

I don't believe I run into this issue when installing WiSE-Studio on mine. The steps below are what I did to get it to work (there may be a few restarts in between those steps to get it to work).

1. Install Java JRE/JDK 18 and make sure it is x64 and not Arm 64 (https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/).
  2. Download WiSE-Studio (v1.2) and open .dmg file.
  3. Once the drive is mounted, a window should pop up to allow you to drag WiSE-Studio into Application folder. Drag WiSE-Studio into application folder.
  4. Open finder and go to Applications folder. Find WiSE-Studio, then right click and select Open. It will show an error saying "Apple can't check for malicious software." and click OK to close the window.
  5. Right click on WiSE-Studio and choose Open again. This time it still shows the same error but with the option to select "Open" instead of just "OK" and "Cancel".
  6. Once you click Open, then WiSE-Studio workspace should show up.

I'm running WiSE-Studio from macOS Monterey 12.5.1 with an M1 Pro.