cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate the wake-up request pulse (WURQ) with an L6360?

JHutt.1511
Associate II

I simply can't figure out how to generate this pulse with my STEVAL-IOM001V1 board. Even the supplied code (en.stsw-iom001) doesn't make me any wiser.

48 REPLIES 48

I am sorry.

May be my comment unsufficient. But, do you setup EVEN parity?

In your source code I seen only 38400 Bd for ioLink...

I am sorry.

May be my comment unsufficient. But, do you setup EVEN parity?

In your source code I seen only 38400 Bd for ioLink...

Hi.

You generate to long WURQ, but amplitude is O.K..

Please, set up I2C bit rate to 400 kHz. Then WURQ will by 80 us approx..

Second problem may by with configuration of UART. You must use EVEN parity. DATA + PARITY = 9 bites.

Result for 0xA2, 0x00 you may seen bellow.

0693W00000AOyFiQAL.bmp

I read mincycletime (by datasheet this value is 6.4 ms) by sequence 0xA2 0x00.

I get answer 0x40 0x6d.

So 0x40 is probably right (indicates 6.4 ms).

But 0x6d indicates some problem. Or not?

Be aware I'm not an IO-Link expert, nevertheless... =)

Your answer is the Device reply message (OD CKS = 0x40 0x6D) on the 'Direct Parameter Page 1 Min Cycle Time' Master read message (M-Sequence Type-0 (MC CKT= 0xA2 0x00)). However, your (6-bit compressed) checksum of CKS should be 0x35 and not (6-bit compressed D5..D0 =) 0x2d. Strange enough looking at your scope picture I decipher too a CKS of 0x6d. So although your COM-2 sensor responses with the correct MinCycleTime value, __to me__ the checksum seems not to be OK.

Got it!

ASanc.1
Associate II

I have a IFM PP7554 sensor. I want to get the pressure data and nothing else.

I've triggered the WakeUp request and I can send commands like 0xA2 0x00 (MinCycleTime), 0xA7 03 (Vendor ID), and so on.

The point is that I don't know how to get ProcessDataIn (the one in the picture)

0693W00000GZ3fzQAD.pngCould anyone show an example of a byte sequence Tx and Rx to get these data?? I would be very pleased if so.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Why are you using 0xF1 command to retreive Proces Data? The think I dont understand its the Address field.

0xF1 = 1 (read) 11 (ISDU) 10001 (Address?)

The address field is what I don't understand.

Thanks

Hi!

This is an Idle message by ISDU channel. After this message device sending 1 byte of on-request data and then you will get process data with length depending on your device. The last part of the m - seq byte is not address, it is flow-control (may see at page 89 in IO-Link standard).

So what you should do to get process data after out from the SIO mode (sending WURQ and any other command by Type0):

1. Change mode from Startup to Operate by sending Master command 0x20 CKT 0x99, you may find describe of this operation on pages 237-238 of IO-Link standard
  2. After getting answers from device, you may send ISDU command IDLE (0xF1 CKT) to get process data.