cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSn low to positive edge SCLK in low power mode state?

Pieter Conradie
Associate III

Hi there!

In the S2-LP datasheet it is stated that the typical delay is 40 us:

0693W00000DmzjZQAR.png 

Does this mean that the host microcontroller must use a CSn low delay of at least 40 us when the S2-LP is in STANDBY or SLEEP mode and it wants to send an SPI command to put the S2-LP into the READY mode?

What is the consequence if a delay of 3 us is used? Must this delay of 40 us be respected on all SPI commands until the S2-LP is in READY state?

Thanks in advance,

Pieter

https://piconomix.com

3 REPLIES 3
RLind.3
Associate III

Thank you for bringing this up! I've been having weird issues with my S2-LP while trying to enter and exit STANDBY. I would send an SPI command without any delay while in the STANDBY state and came across all sorts of weird behaviour. Then I read your question and decided to give it a go, and everything is working smoothly again! So to answer your question, yes it appears you need the 40us delay, otherwise the transceiver can enter an unintended state.

Pieter Conradie
Associate III

Hi @RLind.3​ 

Thanks for confirming my suspicion 😀 My customised version of the code strobed the READY command and waited for the READY IRQ instead of polling MC_STATUS. Under very rare circumstances the IRQ READY IRQ did not fire and my code locked up, waiting forever. I have updated my code to use 40 us delay and I'm polling MC_STATUS again as done in the X-CUBE-SUBG2 code:

void RadioPowerON(void)
{
  S2LP_CMD_StrobeReady();
  do{
    /* Delay for state transition */
    for(volatile uint8_t i=0; i!=0xFF; i++);
    /* Reads the MC_STATUS register */
    S2LP_RefreshStatus();
  }
  while(g_xStatus.MC_STATE!=MC_STATE_READY);
}

Interestingly, the X-CUBE-SUBG2 code has two #defines in s2868a1.h line 96 & 97 but they are never used as far as I can tell:

#define CS_TO_SCLK_DELAY     0x0200
#define CLK_TO_CS_DELAY      0x0200

Kind regards,

Pieter

https://piconomix.com

Pieter Conradie
Associate III

P.S. It would be great if an ST support person would confirm this 😀