cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIRIT1 and S2LP communication

KChoj.1
Associate

Hi,

I try to establish a connection between the SPIRIT1 radio on B-L475E-IOT01A board and the S2LP radio on the STEVAL-FKI868V1 evk. I found the library supporting both modules (STM32CubeExpansion_SUBG1) and managed to configure both modems. The problem is that after identical radio and packet configuration with 2-FSK modulation I still failed to send any data packed from the S2LP to SPIRIT1. The only thing that the SPIRIT1 radio receives is the recognized carrier. It fails to recognize the preamble and sync bytes. So I would like to ask if it is possible to communicate between these two modems? I understand that with identical radio parameters it should work. Maybe there is some working example that I could use as a base for my application?

Best regards,

Krzysztof

1 REPLY 1
MGREL
ST Employee

Hello Krzysztof,

The reason why the two modules are not interoperating might be that P2P configuration running on SPIRIT1 is using a packet length field of 7 bits while the S2LP uses 8 bit (standard). With below, SPIRIT1 packet length will change to 8 bits.

File      : SPIRIT_PktBasic.c

Function: void SpiritPktBasicInit(PktBasicInit* pxPktBasicInit)

tempRegValue[1] = ((uint8_t) PCKTCTRL3_PCKT_FRMT_BASIC) | ((uint8_t)(pxPktBasicInit->cPktLengthWidth-1));

Change to

tempRegValue[1] = ((uint8_t) PCKTCTRL3_PCKT_FRMT_BASIC) | ((uint8_t)(pxPktBasicInit->cPktLengthWidth));

Hope this helps,

Marco