cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUENRG-LP Embedded UART Bootloader Crash Errata

MManj.2
Associate

Hello,

We are in process of selecting a suitable BLE SoC for an industrial sensor network design which would support coded PHY LR communication. The BLUENRG-355Ax MCU fits all the requirements perfectly except for one major point - Embedded Bootloader Errata.

The Errata sheet says that the Embedded Bootloader would fail to boot up the chip properly if we enable readout protection and/or disable SWD. This is disastrous since our BLE applications require the peripherals to securely connect to the central device and for security the internal flash is preferred to store keys.

Could anyone from ST recommend a workaround for this? Has this been addressed in recent versions of the chip? And if so is there a way to ensure that we order the latest chips which probably won't have this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Manjrekar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

I do confirm a new bootloader version (v4) has been issued to solve that point and is now implemented for new parts produced.

Bootloader version can be read from the 0x10000010 address.

I would recommend you to contact your local ST sales representative to check this point.

Regards

Laurent

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

I do confirm a new bootloader version (v4) has been issued to solve that point and is now implemented for new parts produced.

Bootloader version can be read from the 0x10000010 address.

I would recommend you to contact your local ST sales representative to check this point.

Regards

Laurent

MManj.2
Associate

Thank you Laurent!

Hello,

If the bootloader crashes, is it possible to access the mcu again ?

Thank you,

Andy.