cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-53L7A1 and Nucleo-F429ZI

Miickey
Associate II

Hello everyone,
I just received my X-Nucleo-53L7A1 board and I'm trying to get it working with my Nucleo-F429ZI. In CubeMX,
I've selected my board and the appropriate software pack. For the pin configuration, I followed the example provided for the Nucleo-F401RE.

The code generates without any errors or warnings, but when I check my serial terminal, I see the following error:

VL53L7A1_RANGING_SENSOR_Init failed
Check you're using ONLY the center device soldered on the shield, NO satellite shall be connected !

I can't figure out where the problem is coming from. If anyone could offer some help, I would greatly appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miickey
Associate II

I've solved my problem...
I mistakenly assumed that the "Arduino" pins were connected to the same pins across different processors 😅
By referring to the technical documentation for the Nucleo-F429ZI board and comparing the pins with those of the Nucleo-F401RE, I realized this wasn't the case.
I reconfigured my pins and now the data is correctly being sent to my serial terminal.

I noticed there's software to display the measurements in a more user-friendly way, but it's only available for the F401RE board. Is there a way to adapt this for my F429ZI board?

(I'm attaching my .ioc file, in case it might help someone else.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

We tried to reproduce the same issue with a Nucleo-F401RE but it is not possible to have the issue reproduced.

Can you let us know which version of the CubeMX and X-Cube-TOF1 you are using ?

Would you mind sending us the .ioc file ? 

Can you please try the following :

- reset the board after the firmware downloa with teh black button 

- unplug and then replug the USB cnnector of the board ?

Thanks

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hello, and thank you for your responses.
I'm attaching 3 photos of my Nucleo board with the sensor attached. It seems to me that they are correctly assembled.
I'm also providing my .ioc file.
I'm using STM32CubeIDE version 1.15.1, with CubeMX version 6.11.1-RC2. X-Cube-TOF1 is version 3.4.1 (it says 1.0.2 on the line "Board Extension 53L7A1"). I've selected 53L7A1_SimpleRanging on the "Application" line.
The RESET button simply returns the error message in the serial terminal. The same thing happens when I disconnect and reconnect the board.
@sdajk43, are you referring to the interrupt for I2C or for the EXTI line (TOF_INT_PIN & BSP BUTTON)?
I'm also wondering if a different power supply is needed? I'm currently only using the PC's USB (same connection for uploading the software).

Miickey
Associate II

I've solved my problem...
I mistakenly assumed that the "Arduino" pins were connected to the same pins across different processors 😅
By referring to the technical documentation for the Nucleo-F429ZI board and comparing the pins with those of the Nucleo-F401RE, I realized this wasn't the case.
I reconfigured my pins and now the data is correctly being sent to my serial terminal.

I noticed there's software to display the measurements in a more user-friendly way, but it's only available for the F401RE board. Is there a way to adapt this for my F429ZI board?

(I'm attaching my .ioc file, in case it might help someone else.)