cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX Ultra Light API Output Control Macros Missing or Misnamed?

Sidlauskas.David
Associate II

These questions are regarding the VL53L5CX Ultra Light API, VL53L5CX_ULD_API, ver1.0.1.

In platform.h there are several macros for disabling the various sensor outputs.

Eg. #define VL53L5Cx_DISABLE_RANGE_SIGMA_MM. However, I do not find a macro for disabling the motion indicator output, even though in the code I find lines such as 

#ifndef VL53L5CX_DISABLE_MOTION_INDICATOR (vl53l5cx.c lines 537,748, 804).

Is this macro definition simply missing from platform.h or should the Motion Indicator output never be disabled?

In the file, vl53l5cx.h this macro is used at line 266, and a similar purposed undefined macro, VL53L5CX_DISABLE_MOTION_DETECTOR appears at line 382.

Is VL53L5CX_DISABLE_MOTION_DETECTOR misnamed, and should it be changed to VL53L5CX_DISABLE_MOTION_INDICATOR?

Thanks,

Dave Sidlauskas

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

please download the latest. We've made some changes.

I think it will fix you right up.

The motion detect was moved to an 'add on' status and it appears we did not do enough regression testing.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
Thomas.PEROTTO
ST Employee

Hello Sidlauskas.David,

Indeed, it seems that there was a typo issue. It has been corrected using driver version V1.1.1.

Regards,

Thomas