cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use VL6180 Interrupt functionality without clearing interrupt bits

KAgga.1
Associate III

Hello There,
I'm successfully able to run VL6180 with interrupt functionality. But have some functionality queries.
The application is intended to generate interrupt when reading a distance below specific threshold. I found that we need to Clear Interrupt bits every time after interrupt is generated. Actually, I don't want to do that as per the application requirement. With that GPIO1 I would be driving external hardware (mosfet to be more precise) directly without involving MCU.

So, how is it possible to make the sensor generating interrupts continuously without clearing interrupt bits?

Regards,
Keshav Aggarwal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi Keshav Aggarwal

Thanks for your question and I understand you request well, unfortunately our sensor always need to clear interrupt bit once interrupt generated, we need to clear the interrupt to start new range measurement.

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi Keshav Aggarwal

Thanks for your question and I understand you request well, unfortunately our sensor always need to clear interrupt bit once interrupt generated, we need to clear the interrupt to start new range measurement.

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.