cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More questions about Size of Zones and FoV

Guy1
Associate II

I have a very simple question concerning the size of the zones and the field of view for (for example) the VL53L8CX sensor. which has a diagonal FoV of 65 degrees. Can anyone provide a simple answer to this question:

If the sensor is 1 meter from the target, what size is each (8 x 😎 zone at the target?

I have tried to follow the app note and calculated 0.37 x 0.37 meter - but I have little faith in my calculation. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in answering the post.
The horizontal and vertical FoV are 45 degrees. 
So for each zone in case of a 8x8 setting, you will have : 45 / 8 degrees FoV so something like 5.5 degrees. 

Please if this answer your question set this answer as a solution.

Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in answering the post.
The horizontal and vertical FoV are 45 degrees. 
So for each zone in case of a 8x8 setting, you will have : 45 / 8 degrees FoV so something like 5.5 degrees. 

Please if this answer your question set this answer as a solution.

Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'