cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of VL53L1X Measurement Mode and Time Budget in the void loop

umar13
Associate

Hello ST community,

I am currently working on a project using the VL53L1X sensor with Arduino, and I am seeking guidance on dynamically changing the measurement mode and Time Budget (TB) within the VOID LOOP of my Arduino sketch.

Specifically, I would like to know:

1. Is there a way to dynamically switch between measurement modes (e.g., short, medium, long) during the execution of the program?

2. How can I adjust the Time Budget (TB) for the VL53L1X sensor within the VOID LOOP to accommodate different measurement scenarios?

Any code snippets, examples, or insights on how to achieve this dynamic configuration within the loop would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Our sensors do not accept dynamically switches between measurement modes. You have to stop the ranging, change the mode, then relaunch the ranging.
Best regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'