cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to detect glass walls in general environments (office glass, exterior wall glass,....) using the ? It will be used for autonomous driving platforms. TOF(VL53L5CX)를 사용하여 �?�반�?�?� 환경�?� 유리벽(사무실 통유리, 외벽 통유리,......)�?� �?지가 가능 할까요? �?율주행 플랫�?��? 활용 예정입니다.

JYoon.5
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Please check if this translation with Google translate is correct:

Is it possible to detect glass walls in general environments (office glass, exterior wall glass,....) using the ? It will be used for autonomous driving platforms.

I suggest you to write posts in English language, so that a a wider audience of experts can help you can help you.

-Eleon

John E KVAM
ST Employee

I'm going to guess that translation is correct.

But the answer is both yes and no.

We have glass detect algorithms but they are only really useful when trying to focus on something beyond the glass. And they are not 100%. All glass sort of looks the same to the human eye, but at 940nm that's not the case.

Most of the time you see the glass. Most glass is only 90% transparent. But at a steep angle the glass acts like a mirror and all the photons bounce away, giving no target.

So most of the time we can see the glass. But not always.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

thanks for reply, i will do test it

it is correct!!!!