cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference between ToF sensors (VL53L5CX)

WDela.1
Associate II

I am wondering how to extend the FOV of the 8x8 tof sensor. I think on mounting two or three VL53L5CX in a horizontal array. However, since all sensors operate at 940nm, I should place them far enough to avoid that the reflection on one is detected by other. Is that correct? If so, is there any parameter (like modulation) I could use to just place them together and expand the FOV, and consequently the zones?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

These sensors have a well defined Field of View, so if you want to use several to create a greater FoV then you have to tilt them 22 1/2 degrees. I had good luck putting 3 of them on a flex mounted vertically. Then I stuck the flex on a bit of plactic that had a 22.5 degree ramp on one side a flat spot and a 22.5 degree ramp down the other side.

The power, ground and I2c clock and data just run to all 3 chips. Then you need a separate LPn pin to each (which is really the enable pin.) I also ran a interrupt line to each.

The physical separation you get by tilting them is the only thing you need to do. (It's also the only thing you can do.)

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.