cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in DS of VL53L5CX->description: "Multizone distance measurements are possible up to 8x8 zones with a wide 65° diagonal FoV which can be reduced by software." i tried but did not find details how FoV can be reduced by software. please advice

ABran.4
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
John E KVAM
ST Employee

That statement is a little misleading. You are going to get an 8x8 structure of data with information on each zone. And the FoV is 45x45, making each zone about 5 degrees x 5 degrees. If you don't want the data in a particular area, just don't bother to look at it.

In my water level software I only look at the dozen or so zones in the center, the others not having much value.

Sorry for the confusion.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
ABran.4
Associate II

thank you for the answer.

>>You are going to get an 8x8 structure of data with information on each zone. And the FoV is 45x45, making each zone about 5 degrees x 5 degrees.

can i assume that 4x4 structure of data will give me about 11 degrees for each zone\?

John E KVAM
ST Employee

Exactly. And if you want the 4x4, you can run at 60Hz, which some applications want.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
ABran.4
Associate II

thank you John