cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo LIV4F output data rate configuration

AlexT
Associate II

Hi all,

I have been doing some experimentation with a LIV4F module and am trying to configure the device for a 5Hz data output rate. I see the device supports up to 10Hz.

The commands I have tried via teseo suite are:

$PSTMSETPAR,1190,0.2 followed by $PSTMSAVEPAR and $PSTMSRR

The device replies with $PSTMSETPAROK in repsonse to each command, but there is no effect on the observed data output rate.

I am sure there is something I am missing when in comes to configuring the device.

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi Alex

Please check if you are using the latest firmware version 4.6.3 (with commands: $PSTMGETSWVER,255)

The latest version is available on st.com (code: Teseo-LIV4FSW).

You can upgrade the module using the PC windows tool: Teseo-Suite (available on st.com).

Regards

Francesco

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

You are setting a wrong CDB.

To change the fix-rate you have to set CDB303. see below script to set 10Hz (0.1 value in the command):

1.Set the 10 Hz rate

$PSTMSETPAR,1303,0.1,0

2.Save on flash and

3.Reset

$PSTMSAVEPAR

$PSTMSRR

Regards

Francesco

Thanks for the prompt reply Francesco.

I have input your suggested commands, received a SETPAROK and SAVEPAROK.

Using the command $PSTMGETPAR,1303 I get the return $$PSTMSETPAR,1303,1.000000e-01*4C which indicates it should be set to 10Hz.However it does not appear to have any effect on the observed data rate. It still comes through at 1Hz.

Is there anything else I can check?

Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi Alex

Please check if you are using the latest firmware version 4.6.3 (with commands: $PSTMGETSWVER,255)

The latest version is available on st.com (code: Teseo-LIV4FSW).

You can upgrade the module using the PC windows tool: Teseo-Suite (available on st.com).

Regards

Francesco

Hi Francesco.

Happy to report this fixed the issue. The initial firmware version was 4.6.2.4.2, and I have updated to the most recent available firmware version 4.6.3.5.3.

Thanks for your assistance.