cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes the editor magic does not happen

waclawekjan_0-1707494331486.png

This is something I haven't seen in last couple of months, but appeared and happens relatively often since last week or two.

#updates_are_not_universally_good_thing

#unnecessary_javascriptoiding_is_a_bad_thing

JW

11 REPLIES 11

@Andrew Neil wrote:

After using any other 'Reply' button in the thread, that one does seem to remember what it's supposed to do.

Actually, it seems that the yellow one is "dimmed":

AndrewNeil_0-1713174054948.png

It has let me click in the box, and the box border has gone bold - so it's recognised my click, and set the focus - but it doesn't present the composition window, and doesn't allow me to type anything. It doesn't even give a caret in the box.

But If I click on the blue 'Reply' button, I  get two composition windows!

AndrewNeil_1-1713174228797.png

First is the one for the blue reply button to the specific post; second is the one for the yellow button

EDIT

@waclawek.jan did mention the two-window thing earlier.

NXP seem to be using the same forum software. On there, they have a "quick reply" which, IIRC, doesn't present a full composition window - it's just a quick "type in the box".

Maybe this forum is trying to do that, but failing?

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello all, 

Thank you for your reports on this issue.

After investigation, it has been identified as a bug. I will update you once I have more information to share about the fix. 

I am sorry for this inconvenience,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.