cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting is a real PITA

When trying to post, I get an assortment of problems: an edit pane into which I can't write; various red warnings when trying to preview or send the post, etc.

I presume this is exposed as consequence of the "permanent reload on FF" problem: I click on "stop loading" icon to prevent the permanent reloads, and probably some of the magic javascriptoids won't load. Nonetheless, this may happen also if users for any reason click on the "stop loading" icon of browser during the first loading of the page, or some of the files simply won't load, e.g if using a slow and intermittent internet connection (yes, not everybody has top notch internet connectivity all the time, and yes, that should've been part of the testing).

There's no remedy to this problem except to ditch Khoros and get a decent forum software. Yes, I know it came quite soon.

I wonder if you've tried it on FF at all by now.

JW

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Lina DABASINSKAITE  ,

As I've said, this happens when I try to defeat the repeted-reload problem by clocking on browser's "stop loading" after most of the page is loaded and displayed; and it's an assortment of various symptoms. For example, after clicking into the "reply pane":

waclawekjan_0-1687856208619.png

JW

waclawekjan_0-1688027429246.png

JW

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

The Firefox issues have been tackled. Can you please take a look if tis still reproduces to you? 

Thanks, 
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

Could you please screenshot your problem and share? That would help to investigate the case. 

Thanks, 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Piranha
Chief II

When I was creating a new topic and wrote the initial post for a prolonged time, the page started to reload exactly once per minute and I got a red box error with this:

Authentication Failed.
Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

This happened on a Chromium based browser after a Firefox reload issue was fixed. The page reloaded without loosing the content and even scroll position, therefore it was done by some JavaScript. Further trying to post the new topic, I got this red error:

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.
Return to my original page

At that moment in another tab I checked whether I have been logged out and it turned out that it was not the case - I was in and other tabs functioned completely normally. I copied the data and again created a new topic in another tab, which greeted me with this white message:

You have autosaved content from 09:58 AM.
Load or Discard

Pressing the "Load" indeed loaded the previous content, but it was a fairly old version. Most likely the system stopped saving it when that first "Authentication Failed." error appeared.

waclawekjan_0-1702724522538.png

I did not click on Reply, I was typing a - admittedly lengthy - post.

Seriously?

JW

[EDIT]

- further typing resulted in that message periodically disappearing/reappearing, ie. the whole page was jumping from time to time (this is unimportant, that message should've never appeared at all, fullstop)

- clicking on Reply did not work (btw. if this pops up not during typing but when clicking on Reply, as it is *above* the edit window and the "Reply" button is *below* that window,  if the edit window is larger than the browser (which on my relatively normal 2k display is), I may never see the red message popping up, resulting in "clicking on Reply does not work" effect)

- reloading did not go through login redirects, so I was still logged on

- my edit was lost; the autosaved version was from before the red message appeared (there was around 10 minutes between the moment when the red message popped up and when I finally clicked Reply)

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

I merged your question with the existing topic. Thank you for this further reporting on the issue you faced. I pass this for further investigation & keep you and @Piranha posted. 

Apologies for current inconveniences. 

Regards,
Lina

Hi @Piranha , @waclawek.jan ,
We've made changes to improve your experience. Please let us know if the problem still occurs.
Best,
Adam