cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we allow users to attach IOC files?

TDK
Guru

There are many threads where users have been unable to attach IOC files. Here is one of them:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/uart-cannot-set-high-baud-rate/m-p/621673#M230659

The IOC file type is clearly not a security concern. Is there some other reason they are blocked or is this just an oversight? Can we get it corrected?

Edit: I have no problems attaching an IOC file. So is this a permissions issue? New users can't attach files or something? I would say even a first time user first time poster here should be able to. Coming to a forum to ask for help and including the relevant file seems a very reasonable thing to do.

Cheers.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
8 REPLIES 8

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @TDK , 

The IOC files are working and are allowed to use for everyone without any restrictions. We had some issues during the summertime with this file type, but they are sorted for some time. I will get it checked why this user faces issues. 

@fkst tagging you here for visibility.

Thanks for highlighting this for us. 

Regards,

Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Lina DABASINSKAITE. Fairly sure this has come up at least a few times in the last 1-2 months so it's not a one-off thing, but I'm not going to go find the other threads--too hard to search. I'll post here again if I see that it happens again.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @TDK ,

we performed tests and were unable to replicate this type of case.

Hi @fkst ,
could you download the file attached to the TDK post and try attaching it to a new post in this thread as a test? If you are unable to do this again, we would ask you to provide the following information:

• screenshot of the error you see
  • what browser you used and its exact version
  • what operating system you used and its exact version.

It would allow us to investigate the issue for you and our community.

Best,
Adam

Well historically it has been an issue / complaint.

Users weren't able to attach an array of files, and we told them to rename .IOC with .TXT to allow attachment. Not sure it is case sensitive, or not.

Within the last week or two the attachment of .IOC seems to be permitted, at least to responses.

Perhaps double check for initial Top Posts (Question), or New Users, as these might have different rules / expectations, as to what is permissible.

#MandelaEffect

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RogersKing
Associate

Any update?

Spoiler
Any update? Thank you so much for the link, it helped me in my doubts. After a wild goose chase for a trustworthy research paper writer, I stumbled upon Top Essay Writing's "Buy Research Paper" service. And let me tell you, You can See details about them. they were a game-changer! Their research was deeper than the Grand Canyon, and their writing clearer than a mountain stream. They totally delivered – the paper was way better than I even hoped for. So yeah, if you're looking for research papers that ace expectations, Top Essay Writing is your golden ticket.

Hi @Tesla DeLorean ,
Thanks for the additional information. I just wanted to inform you that the tests you mentioned were carried out and were successful.
Best,
Adam

Hi @RogersKing ,
Are you currently experiencing issues attaching IOC files? If so, we would ask you to please provide the following information:

• screenshot of the error you see
  • what browser you used and its exact version
  • what operating system you used and its exact version.

This will allow us to investigate the issue for you and our community.
Thanks,
Adam