cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Interfacing of STM32 H747I-DISCO Board with B-CAMS-OMV Camera Module and LCD

mrinalinibarik
Associate

Hello All, 

I'm currently working with the STM32 H747-DISCO board, but I'm encountering some difficulties in interfacing both the B-CAMS-OMV Camera Module and the LCD. After flashing the camera module, it successfully captures images, and I've also flashed the LCD, which displays the Embedded Wizard GUI. However, only one of them seems to be working at a time. Could you please advise if there are any steps I might be missing? Additionally, I'm seeking guidance on how to interface both the camera and LCD simultaneously. If there are any resources available, I'd appreciate it if you could share them with me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @mrinalinibarik ,

Many examples use the STM32 H747I-DISCO Board with B-CAMS-OMV Camera Module and LCD.

For that I a recommend you take a look at these examples like as:

• Examples  in FP-AI-VISION1 package.
  • DCMI_CaptureMode this example explains how to use the DCMI to interface with a camera module and continuously capture images to a Camera Frame Buffer located in external SDRAM. Each camera image is then copied to the LCD display frame buffer using the DMA2D in ARGB8888 format.
  • DCMI_SnapshotMode this example describes how to use the DCMI to interface with a camera module, capture a single image in Camera Frame Buffer (320x240 with RGB565 format) and once full frame camera is captured
    display it on the LCD in ARGB8888 format.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @mrinalinibarik ,

Many examples use the STM32 H747I-DISCO Board with B-CAMS-OMV Camera Module and LCD.

For that I a recommend you take a look at these examples like as:

• Examples  in FP-AI-VISION1 package.
  • DCMI_CaptureMode this example explains how to use the DCMI to interface with a camera module and continuously capture images to a Camera Frame Buffer located in external SDRAM. Each camera image is then copied to the LCD display frame buffer using the DMA2D in ARGB8888 format.
  • DCMI_SnapshotMode this example describes how to use the DCMI to interface with a camera module, capture a single image in Camera Frame Buffer (320x240 with RGB565 format) and once full frame camera is captured
    display it on the LCD in ARGB8888 format.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.