cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a guide / AN on how to make use of RTOS / Threads?

Orbiter
Senior

I am looking for an onboarding on the Autodevkit intended RTOS. 

Which is it? I am a bit confused, Chibi or FreeRTOS? 

And how do I set it up? Maybe there is a walk through AN/UM available? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Regarding documentation, Getting Started and API reference manual is provided directly on the following website:

Free RTOS Book and Reference Manual

Our implementation in AutoDevKit (additional plugin to be installed) uses the same APIs.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

We officially support only FreeRTOS. 

@Max VIZZINI , so why on new cpu like H563 users are forced to use Azure Rots ?

not even Fatfs or FreeRTOS are there any more to choose:

AScha3_0-1700683674292.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Regarding documentation, Getting Started and API reference manual is provided directly on the following website:

Free RTOS Book and Reference Manual

Our implementation in AutoDevKit (additional plugin to be installed) uses the same APIs.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Dear,

SPC5 and STM32 are two different microcontrollers both belonging to STMicroelectronics but following different strategies based on the end-market they are intended to address.

For SPC5 our historical decision was to go with FreeRTOS and this is not changed. It was our preferred choice because at that time it was the only RTOS to have, upon licensing, a release fully automotive safety compliant.

For more information you can have a look here:

SafeRTOS - an independently certified kernel for safety critical applications IEC61508 EN62304 and FDA 510(k) (freertos.org)

For other queries regarding STM32, please refer to the support of the colleagues on the appropriate community channel: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/bd-p/mcu-embedded-software-forum

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team