cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add extra memory to the AEK-AUDC1D9031 board

shiva_shankar_e
Associate III

hi 

1. on AEK-AUDC1D9031 there is SPC582B60E1 MCU with 1 Mb flash.

2. i want to more wav files to play. but SPC582B60E1 is has only 1MB.

3. so that i want to know how to integrate the extra memory to the  AEK-AUDC1D9031 board.

4. how to connect external memory and flash that memory and how to PLAY sound files with respective to the external memory.

4 REPLIES 4
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

If you need extra FLASH you can consider the following alternative micros:

SPC584B  - 2 MB flash

SPC58EC - 4 MB flash

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

hi 

actually i am using AEK-AUDC1D9031 PCB board with SPC582B60E1. hear the MC is fixed for this i want to include the external memory. without changing the MC. so please suggest the alternative solution to include external memory .

shiva_shankar_e_0-1716432402350.png

hi 

actually i am using AEK-AUDC1D9031 PCB board with SPC582B60E1. hear the MC is fixed for this i want to include the external memory. without changing the MC. so please suggest the alternative solution to include external memory .

shiva_shankar_e_0-1716432402350.png

Hi,

Excluding the EEPROM, the MCU SPC582B has no other direct memory interface because RAM and FLASH are embedded in the package.

If you change to other SPC58 MCU ( SPC584B  - 2 MB flash / SPC58EC - 4 MB flash ), you do not need to change the source code as it is compatible.

A third alternative to be tested is to use external memories coming from Mass Storage (e.g. Memory card via SPI) or from other MCU (e.g. via CAN). These implementations are not included in our code.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team