cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to only use one channel of the TDA7297

bushidov
Associate

Hi,

I was wanting to know that if I only use one channel of the TDA7297, say input 1, but not input 2, how should I handle the unused channel?

Should I just leave the unused input floating, or should I tie it to ground, or tie it to ground via a resistor?

Thanks,

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @bushidov, to the community!

let the 2nd input float and its outputs unconnected. The 2nd input is internally connected to a reference voltage with a pull resistor and ensures a stable state. However, as the corresponding outputs are then at about half VCC, you should not connect them anywhere.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @bushidov, to the community!

let the 2nd input float and its outputs unconnected. The 2nd input is internally connected to a reference voltage with a pull resistor and ensures a stable state. However, as the corresponding outputs are then at about half VCC, you should not connect them anywhere.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
bushidov
Associate

That does indeed help. I just didn't want to leave anything floating and then it cause some sort of oscillation. I thought I saw the resistor on the internal document, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

Erik