cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide transition corrupted in portrait mode in TouchGFX 4.19?

Pirol
Associate III

Since TouchGFX 4.19.1, the slide transition does not work properly in portrait mode: The old screen that should slide away, gets erased when the transition starts. So the screen consists of random pixels. The new screen that's sliding in, is allright.

I encountered the problem yesterday when I updated from 4.18 to 4.19. My project worked as it should, except for the slide transitions.

To be sure that it has nothing to do with upgrading a 4.18-project to 4.19 I made a new project with two screens and slide transitions. The problem is the same, see picture 1. On the picture, the greyish part is the new screen sliding in and the colourful part is the old screen sliding out, but it's all random pixels. (The old screen should be black.) The display orientation is set to portrait mode.

Then I tried the same project in landscape mode and there were no problems, see picture 2. Again, the greyish part is the new screen sliding in and the black part (with red box) is the old screen sliding out.

It doesn' matter what direction I use for the slide (N/O/S/W).

There are no problems with the cover transition.

In debug mode, the random pixels appear in the framebuffer and animation storage, as could probably be expected. But I don't know why they appear and why it depends on the display orientation.

Has anyone any suggestions?

The threads

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000j7MbqSAE/slide-screen-transition-problem

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001JUrboSAD/touchgfx-screen-transition-graphics-corruption

did not help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Pirol​ ,

You are right, we just noticed that bug for TouchGFX 4.19.1.

Thanks for sharing your issue with us, it should be fixed soon.

In the meantime, you could maybe use another transition type, or set the display orientation to landscape.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Pirol
Associate III

Hello @Yoann KLEIN​ ,

thanks for your reply. We can use the cover transition until then.

wired
Senior III

That is good to know - am using portrait mode and slide transitions myself, and was planning to switch to 4.19.1 today. Now I'll wait for the next revision. Surprising that this bug made it through testing.