cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsm6dso fsm filter

Iakgu.1
Associate III

I have lsm6dso imu sensor, I can add high pass filter or slope filter for wake-up interrupt.

Is it possible to add filter to fsm interrupt ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Iakgu.1​ ,

not sure I have understood your question...

As explained in the application note AN5226, p.22, the filters that can be applied differently in the case of accelerometer or gyroscope data.

In the accelerometer case, you can configure the LPF1 only before entering the data in the FSM core, as shown in the picture below:

0693W000008z4KiQAI.pngIn the gyroscope case, you can apply both low pass filter and high pass filter before sending the signal to the FSM input:

0693W000008z4L2QAI.pngMoreover, you can tune the signal bandwidth of the accelerometer and gyroscope configuring the device ODRs.

Inside the FSM, you cannot apply further filters, but if you need you might think to filter the interrupt in post-processing.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Iakgu.1​ ,

not sure I have understood your question...

As explained in the application note AN5226, p.22, the filters that can be applied differently in the case of accelerometer or gyroscope data.

In the accelerometer case, you can configure the LPF1 only before entering the data in the FSM core, as shown in the picture below:

0693W000008z4KiQAI.pngIn the gyroscope case, you can apply both low pass filter and high pass filter before sending the signal to the FSM input:

0693W000008z4L2QAI.pngMoreover, you can tune the signal bandwidth of the accelerometer and gyroscope configuring the device ODRs.

Inside the FSM, you cannot apply further filters, but if you need you might think to filter the interrupt in post-processing.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Iakgu.1
Associate III

In the accelerometer case, I understand from picture that only lpf1 is applied. Since lpf2 output does not enter the fsm. But you say that lpf2 can be applied to fsm.

I think you are wrong.

Ya, I wrote LPF2 instead of LPF1 for the accelerometer, I have now corrected my sentence. In any case, please note that the block diagrams are the refence representations.

Did you managed to solve your issue?

-Eleon

Iakgu.1
Associate III

yes I solved, only lpf1 is applied by default. to fsm input. @Eleon BORLINI​