cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the STM32 MCUs production schedule for this year? Which MCUs will be the first to appear at distributors?

MSere.1
Associate

4 REPLIES 4

You probably can't.

You'll get your parts around 30 weeks after you place your order.​

Presumably going to depend on the depth of their back order list and the mix of parts on order.

Expect free stock to be grabbed up by arbitrage guys or thousands of other customers looking for the same parts who haven't ordered enough. ​

Try your local sales office or representative.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MSere.1
Associate

It is sad. Do I understand correctly that there are no long-term production plans for the STM32 MCUs, and current plans are formed by received orders from distributors?

Of course ST has long term plans. But production is soaked up mostly by big customers and lots allocated to distributors have been pre-allocated from other customers with these distributors.

Large Customers don't deal with distributors, they order direct, have plans/schedules, and order based on demand and based on lead times.

The Semi-Conductor industry is predominantly build-to-order, especially when demand exceeds capacity. When there is slack capacity shelves may be filled with product with higher demand, least risk.

Large orders/commitments at this point are likely to be non-returnable/non-cancellable to avoid speculative orders.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..