cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BlueNRG-MS] Can't connect to gatt server with Android device

VGros.3
Associate III

Hello,

I created a BLE peripheral using a BlueNRG-MS chip. I can connect on this peripheral using a BlueNRG-M2 (using BlueNRG GUI) and read the services.

However, it does not work when I try to connect with an android device (I use "BLE Scanner" app, Bluepixel Technologies). Here are the steps :

1. I run my app on BlueNRG-MS (peripheral) ✔�?
  2. I start BLE Scanner on android ✔�?
  3. I see my BlueNRG-MS peripheral on the android app, then I click on "CONNECT" ✔�?
  4. The BlueNRG-MS seems to accept the connexion since it returns an HCI_LE_META_EVENT the following data :
  • Event Code 0x13 (HCI_LE_META_EVENT)
    • Subevent_Code 0x01 (HCI_LE_CONNECTION_COMPLETE)
    • Status 0x00 (Success) ✔�?

5. The android app seems to try to connect during 10s, then it says "connection failed" �?��?

I tested different android apps and the result is the same. I guess there are some parameters incompatible with android bluetooth ?

The android app (BLE Scanner) is working with BlueNRG-M2 controlled with BluenRG GUI.

Thanks for reading,

Best regards,

Valentin

1 REPLY 1
VGros.3
Associate III

Hello,

I update my thread since I do not find any clue about the fact I can't connect BlueNRG-MS with my android phone.

The chip I use is BLUENRG-78A6P (or maybe "BLUENRG-7BA6P") on the STEVAL-IDB005V1D eval board.

I can't find any information on this chip, but maybe this chip is old, so the firmware is obsolete ?

Best regards,

Valentin