cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750VBT6 cannot program after bootload.

PLaw.2
Associate II

Dear Sir

My customer use STM32H750VBT6 for their product at Jan 2020. They success to program a bootloader into MCU, after boot-load, the MCU can load an application firmware into it. They produced over 10 kpcs at production line. The Date code: 004 and REV “V�?

Set up : The MCU board connected to a computer through CAN bus and computer connected to cloud and downloaded the application firmware. The application firmware was loaded to the MCU.

However, customer make a new order with same part nos "STM32H750VBT6" for their product at Jan 2021. The Date code: 041 and REV “V�?. They can only program the bootloader program to the MCU. After bootload, the MCU cannot load an application firmware into it.

Set up : same as above.

When customer use back the MCU ( Datacode : 004), the MCU board works fine again.

We found that there is a Errata (ES0396) mentioned some change. But we cannot find the root cause for this ( MCU cannot load the application firmware after bootload. )

Errata sheet - STM32H750xB STM32H753xI - STM32H750xB and STM32H753xI device limitations

Could you kindly help for us ?

Thanks a lot !!

Patrick Law

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Where is the application firmware located?

Does your customer understand that H750 legally has only 128K of flash?

-- pa

PLaw.2
Associate II

Hi Pavel

Thanks for your help

1. Inside the external flash

2. Yes we are aware of that

Moreover, Do ST provide the bootloader and testing firmware to verify the bootloader process on MCU?

Thanks

Patrick

The error description is a bit fuzzy. "After bootload, the MCU cannot load an application firmware into it."

Are there any debug prints or other means to find where exactly it fails: copy to external flash, copy from external flash to RAM, verifying CRC or signature? ....

> Do ST provide the bootloader and testing firmware to verify the bootloader process on MCU?

ST provides several examples for external flash and RAM on H750:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H750B-DK/Examples/QSPI/QSPI_MemoryMappedDual

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H750B-DK/Examples/FMC/FMC_SDRAM

-- pa

PLaw.2
Associate II

Dear Pavel

My customer want to handle this case directly because the system is designed by them.

Do you have a ticket number or reference nos for this case ?

So that I can pass this case number to him.

Or , how can I pass this case to my customer ?

Please advise. Thanks

Best Regards

Patrick Law

PLaw.2
Associate II

Hi Pavel

May I have your update ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Patrick Law

Community Members aren't ST Employees, you can create an online support case or work with your FAE (Support Engineer) directly. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PLaw.2
Associate II

Hi Tesla DeLorean

Noted.

Thanks for your reminder.