cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the STM32CubeIDE support the STM32Nucleo with the L452RE? Where are the instructions?

KiptonM
Lead

I was hired to program the STM32MP151 dual core processor. I loaded the STMCoreIDE because that was what was recommended. Not being familiar with the Arm M4 I decided to buy a Nucleo to learn how the ST Peripherals worked in what I hoped would be a simpler environment.

But the UM1727 does not list the STM32CubeIDE as one of the supported IDEs. Where do I find instructions and code to test? I am running Linux Mint 20.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @KiptonM​ 

Thanks for your feedback,

Well, for your question concerning the L452RE support, yes it's supported on CubeMX standalone and on CubeIDE too, if you can not find it on the MCU/MPU list , it's probably because of the version you are using now, so I recommend you to use the latest CubeMX/IDE versions (6.1.1 for MX and 1.5.1 for IDE).

As mentioned in the previous comment by @Cartu38 OpenDev​ ( and thanks for your detailed explanation ), you can find all linked document needed on site or even on the tool itself.

In addition to the example provided when you choose your Part Number under Boad Selector, you can find other examples of code with a detailed note for each project under your repository path: \Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L452RE .

Hope this information has helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Khouloud

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Typo I guess ... looks at L152RE .. L2 is unkown serie to me

0693W000007CbsqQAC.jpg

KiptonM
Lead

I edited this already onec and missed that typo. L452RE. Sorry

KiptonM
Lead

0693W000007CcUpQAK.pngI am trying to find the equivalent page to what you gave me. I searched the ST website for NUCLEO-L452RE there was this page that is not as helpful as yours looks for the other board.

What is the URL for the equivalent page for the NUCLEO-L452RE?

Thanks

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @KiptonM​ 

Thanks for your feedback,

Well, for your question concerning the L452RE support, yes it's supported on CubeMX standalone and on CubeIDE too, if you can not find it on the MCU/MPU list , it's probably because of the version you are using now, so I recommend you to use the latest CubeMX/IDE versions (6.1.1 for MX and 1.5.1 for IDE).

As mentioned in the previous comment by @Cartu38 OpenDev​ ( and thanks for your detailed explanation ), you can find all linked document needed on site or even on the tool itself.

In addition to the example provided when you choose your Part Number under Boad Selector, you can find other examples of code with a detailed note for each project under your repository path: \Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L452RE .

Hope this information has helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Khouloud