cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M4 freezing when initializing OpenAMP

DShul.2
Associate

I am working on developing firmware to run on the M4 coprocessor and I have been trying to do some basic testing using my own code and the OpenAMP_TTY_Echo example. I am debugging on an stm32mp157c-dk1 and I am using STM32CubeIDE. This issue is also occurring on a dk2. I noticed that it freezes after the function call

MX_OPENAMP_Init(RPMSG_REMOTE,NULL);

Here is the call stack:

0693W000007BBEiQAO.png 

My issue appears to be identical to this issue posted a while back. I don't have the "PeriphCommonClock_Config" function mentioned and I am unable to remove rsc_table.c as openamp.c depends on it. Additionally the project by default includes STM32MP157CXX in the preprocessor directives, so I am unsure of what else I can do to alleviate this issue. Is it an issue that I am in engineering boot mode?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @DShul.2​ ,

Thanks to raise this point.

We are suspecting a regression somewhere since MX_OPENAMP_Init(RPMSG_REMOTE,NULL); not supposed to be blocking in Engi mode.

Anyway this function is useless in this mode and can be easily ignore by putting it under flags like this :

if (!IS_ENGINEERING_BOOT_MODE())

{

/* Configure the system clock */

MX_OPENAMP_Init(RPMSG_REMOTE, NULL);

}

This might surely unlock you.

I'll come back for update vs possible regression.

Olivier

EDIT : typo in initial comment. Test should be IF NOT IS_ENGINEERING_BOOT_MODE

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SMang.1
Associate II

I am experiencing the same issue, can you simplify the code changes for me please.

Thanks in advance.