cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create ZigBee project for stm32wb55 using cubemx? IDE is CubeIDE.

Parmin Nayani
Associate III

I would like to create a ZigBee application on STM32WB55 controller for CubeIDE. Unfortunately there are no .IOC example files for ZigBee. What components do I need to select in CubeMX to be able to use ZigBee? Should I enable BLE or THREAD (WPAN). In my sample project though I enabled RTC, under RTC/LCD source mux in clock configuration "enable css" is disabled so not able select LSE. What is the mistake I made. Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @Parmin Nayani​ 

In order to enable zigbee in STM32CubeMX, you need to activate:

• RF
  • RTC
  • HSEM

You can find RF under connectivity, RTC under timers and HSEM under system core.

After that you activate ZIGBEE under Middleware -> STM32_WPAN.

Best regards,

Houssem

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @Parmin Nayani​ 

In order to enable zigbee in STM32CubeMX, you need to activate:

• RF
  • RTC
  • HSEM

You can find RF under connectivity, RTC under timers and HSEM under system core.

After that you activate ZIGBEE under Middleware -> STM32_WPAN.

Best regards,

Houssem

Hello Houssem CHAABANI,

Thank you very much for the reply. So There is no need to enable/select either BLE or MESH options?

Best regards

NPS

Dear @Parmin Nayani​ ,

Yes if you only need ZIGBEE you don't need to activate anything else.

Kind regards,

Houssem

Hi Houssem CHAABANI,

Under middleware -> stm32_wpan there is no ZigBee option but BLE and THREAD only are available. Kindly help. Thank you.

Best regards

NPS

Dear @Parmin Nayani​ 

Thank you for these information.

Your issue is now fixed and the fix will be available in the next cubeIDE/MX release.

Best Regards,

Houssem

Dear Houssem CHAABANI,

Thank you very much for the reply. When will the next release be? Thank you.

Best Regards

NPS

Dear @Parmin Nayani​ ,

The next release will be available between week 47 and week 48.

kind regards,

Houssem

Hello Houssem CHAABANI,

I noticed that a new version (6.1) of CubeMX is now released. I am installing it. When CubeMX newer version is downloaded I am asked to restart the computer. When I restart the computer, cube installer reports an error that the folder is in use. Options are retry or cancel. To get the latest version installed I am uninstalling the existing version, downloading the latest version and then doing an install. This has been happening for all update requests. Request ST to look into this aspect. Will revert after newer version is installed. Thank you.

PS: When I searched ST site for CubeMX to download, I got a list of available software(s) without this file. Is CubeMX rechristened as something else?