cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve STM32CubeIDE Project imports?

TJM
Senior

I've been trying to work around an issue of importing/opening projects created with System Workbench and then modifying and recompiling without destroying the original files but it appears there is no easy resolution. No matter whether the project is imported or opened as a System Workbench file I can get the project into CubeIDE and then compile the project usually with no problems as long as I don't run a device configuration. There is no problem getting the .ioc file into CubeIDE and although there are notices regarding the version of CubeMX or the library to be used I've had no problem using the file no matter how I choose those options. The problem occurs when I modify the MCU config and then rebuild the files then all of the original files and file structure are changed with most of the original code re-written or removed by the update. Please correct me if I am in error on these two suppositions: First, there appears to be no way to turn off the code updates and only allow the parts pertaining to the CubeMX config to be re-initialized, leaving the original user coded files from SW untouched. Which brings us to the second. It also appears the only way to allow these 'non-conforming' files to remain untouched by a Device Configuration Code Generation is to start with an STM32 code template of sorts and manually bring in the files to the new Project Explorer directory structure AND also manually transfer the user code into the USER CODE sections of the CubeIDE generated files.

I'm hoping there is an easier way to do it and I'm just overlooking some config or option to do this. The imported projects appear to be left in a dangerous state with respect to the device config files and the body of the user program files.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

TJM

0 REPLIES 0