cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC/stm32 USB communication cable

Jmaxi
Associate II

Hi everyone, i am trying to establish a USB communication between my nucleo-L073RZ and my PC. I have stripped a USB cable to connect it to the usb pins of the board (PA12 & PA11) and it worked well but i wanted to buy a cable (not homemade) to do it. I bought a TTL-232R-5V thinking it would do the job but can't make it work (probably due to the UART convertor). have you guys a good cable to advise to do the same thing?

I have been looking for something like that for days and it annoys me not to find something so simple :(

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Jmaxi
Associate II

nobody looked for the same thing? :\

TFranke
Associate II

Well, apparently no 😉

Or I and others did not understand your issue completely.

You have stripped an USB cable, soldered it to the USB pins PA11 and PA12 of your dev-board and it works like a charm?

And now you are only searching for a cable that you do not have to cut on your own? My first google search for "usb cable open ends" brings a bunch of proposals where to buy those cables.

The TTL-232R-5V won't help you in this scenario as it contains a USB to serial converter which is used to connect devices to your computers USB which do not have built-in USB support but UARTs available. In addition the 5V type of converter may only be used for older chips running their UART IOs on 5V levels, current CPUs may be used with 3.3V converters.

HTH,

Tobias

Awkwardly stated,

Just need a USB to CMOS Serial converter, SiLabs or FTDI, have solutions at CMOS levels, rather than RS232?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3309

If you want to connect to the L0, via USB to the D+ / D- lines, you'd need a VCP/CDC Device running on your target

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32L073Z-EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..