cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Mass Storage bridge to monitor USB traffic

SSune.1
Associate II

Hi

I have stm32f446re nucleo. Is it possible to make one USB traffic monitoring bridge using it?

(USB Storage or SDCard) <-----STM32-----> Computer

I am trying to do is to make one monitor to see what content is getting accessed from the computer from the mass storage or sd card etc.

Can someone guide on this?

13 REPLIES 13

If you implement a USB MSC device you can see the SCSI READ/WRITE transactions as you perform them against SDRAM, or SDIO/SDMMC storage medium.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SSune.1
Associate II

Is there any sample available. that will be helpful

The CubeF4 trees have several MSC and SDIO examples for DISCO and EVAL boards that should port. Review those.

SSune.1
Associate II

Thank you. I ll try

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32446E_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\MSC_Standalone\readme.txt

umm I don't know how to port. I'm very biginner in embedded. ​

thanks. I'll check this source code 🙂🙂

SSune.1
Associate II

Hi Clive

I tried one example to make a mass storage device using SRAM, got it from ST's tutorial for USB MSC.

I am having nucleo 446RE. I followed the same approach to make 64kb mass storage, I can see the device is attached to system as mass storage

but Is says "Device is not started: USBSTOR"

Device USB\VID_0483&PID_5727\307533543038 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

What could be solution for this?

I suspect this would be an issue with READ or GET CAPACITY functionality provided by the MSC, or some issue with the USB descriptors.

You could instrument the USB interactions, via the Nucleo VCP, and observe the interactions with Windows. You could validate the read/write block functionality.