cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Mass Storage bridge to monitor USB traffic

SSune.1
Associate II

Hi

I have stm32f446re nucleo. Is it possible to make one USB traffic monitoring bridge using it?

(USB Storage or SDCard) <-----STM32-----> Computer

I am trying to do is to make one monitor to see what content is getting accessed from the computer from the mass storage or sd card etc.

Can someone guide on this?

13 REPLIES 13
SSune.1
Associate II

HI Clive

I am trying to configure with the SDIO and the USB mass storage. is it possible to have both option at the same time?

below is the configuration I did in CubeMx.

0693W000001rsUjQAI.png

When compiling the generated source code, getting the below error. can you please guide something what could went wrong?

compiling syscall.c...

linking...

F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE\F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE.axf: Error: L6200E: Symbol HAL_SD_AbortCallback multiply defined (by stm32f4xx_hal_sd.o and bsp_driver_sd.o).

F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE\F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE.axf: Error: L6200E: Symbol HAL_SD_RxCpltCallback multiply defined (by stm32f4xx_hal_sd.o and bsp_driver_sd.o).

F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE\F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE.axf: Error: L6200E: Symbol HAL_SD_TxCpltCallback multiply defined (by stm32f4xx_hal_sd.o and bsp_driver_sd.o).

Not enough information to list image symbols.

Not enough information to list load addresses in the image map.

Finished: 2 information, 0 warning and 3 error messages.

"F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE\F466RE_USB_MASS_STORAGE.axf" - 3 Error(s), 1 Warning(s).

0693W000001rsUtQAI.png

I searched the function it;s in two places.

how to fix it?

SSune.1
Associate II

changing the IDE from Kiel to STMCube IDE worked ��

SSune.1
Associate II

Hi Again

I tried to make it work.

I have the SD card SDIO module. checked the connectivity.

Some time I can see the USB device is added, but when try to format it it does not work.

Attached the source generated with CubeMX.

What is wrong with this?

SSune.1
Associate II

@Community member​  any suggestions?