cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrontendApplicationBase.cpp and gotoXXXScreenNotransition

PCu1
Senior

Hello,

I implemented a "secret" screen, not for the customer.

To do this I added a button with alpha 0 and added an interaction to call a virtual function.

In this virtual function there is a counter to count the number of click, and change after overflow.

So far so good.

But I can't goto to an another screen. I read multiple posts in this forum but my problem is that there is only in FrontendApplicationBase.cpp the declaration for the main screen like this:

void FrontendApplicationBase::gotoMainScreenNoTransition()

{...}

There is nothing about my second screen.

How TGFXDesigner generates this?

Thank you,

Pierre

4 REPLIES 4
Jagdish Bisawa
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ,

Are you trying to say that you are able to jump to your 'secret screen', but unable to jump to your main screen back after you are done with the 'secret screen' ?

/Jagdish Bisawa

PCu1
Senior

Hi Jagdish,

No I'm not able to jump to my secret screen because no methods are generated by TGFX.

But I can jump from the main screen to the same main screen with transition because the methods are automatically implemented in FrontendApplicationBase.cpp.

Pierre

Jagdish Bisawa
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ,

Assuming that you are unable to jump to the secret screen, I suggest that you implement the function gotoScreen..., like the Designer does when you have more than 1 screen & are required to jump from the one to the other.

To know this, create another project that will have 2 screens. Implement a button on each of the screen & in the interaction for the button on each of the screens, configure to jump to the other screen.

You will find that the code for these jumps is implemented in the ApplicationFrontendHeap.hpp & ApplicationFrontendBase.cpp. Study this code to know how a screen transition is implement. This knowledge will help you in implementing what you want.

Studying code this way will take some time, but will help in the long term, since you will be more familiar with the framework.

/Jagdish Bisawa

Thank you Jagdish, I will try this and get better knowledge.

Pierre