cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values from A3G4250D gyroscope have random ~1dps jumps

RZhar.1
Associate

Hello, we're using A3G4250D in our project, and get data from it successfully in the stream mode, but, it accured, that from time to time there are random steps in the output data, and we have no clue on what can cause them. Did anyone meet such issue, can you help with the solution, please, if there is one.

The schematic and output graph are attached to visualize the problem

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RZhar.1​ , the jump behavior is common to the there axis, so I believe it is not a mechanical-related issue. I believe it's an electrical / digital effect so here some questions to delimit the problem:

1. Which is the Vdd value?
  2. Which is the I2C pull-up value?
  3. Did you correctly configured the devices, according to the startup sequence in AN5148 p.12 and sgg?
  4. Did you correctly entered the Stream mode
  • Turn on FIFO by setting the FIFO_EN bit to “1�? in control register 5 (0x24). After this operation the FIFO buffer is enabled but isn’t collecting data, output registers are frozen to the last sample set loaded.
    • Activate Stream mode by setting the FM[2:0] field to “011�? in the FIFO control register (0x2E).

5. Can you try if you get the same issue in Bypass mode?

• Turn on FIFO by setting the FIFO_EN bit to “1�? in control register 5 (0x24). After this operation the FIFO buffer is enabled but isn’t collecting data, output registers are frozen to the last sample set loaded.
    • Activate Bypass mode by setting the FM[2:0] field to “000�? in the FIFO control register (0x2E). If this mode is enabled, the FIFO source register (0x2F) is forced equal to 0x20.

Regards