cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concept of layers

Ebun.1
Senior

Hello.

Does TouchGFX have the concept of layers?

For example, is it possible to put the keyboard window on the upper layer of the main screen when in key input mode?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi, have you solved your issue? If not could you be a bit more specific on what you wish to do? TouchGFX Designer has the concept of layers when it comes to widgets, where the last added widget will be the one on top of the others. Is this what you were looking for when you talk about layers? You can then remove and add widgets in your code to change the order (never forget to invalidate). There might be better options but this is what i always do in my projects.

Sorry if this is not what you were looking for,

/Romain

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Ebun.1​,

TouchGFX, on its own, does not have the concept of layers. Right now i'm referring to hardware layers (as possible with LTDC). If you mean layers in your application then as @Romain DIELEMAN​ says, TouchGFX has the notion of Z-order. If you place something visible on top of something else, then what's below won't be visible, etc.

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to create a keyboard widget?

Thank you very much.

There is a Keyboard UI Template example working if you go through the UI template section when creating a new project. You can base your project on this one.