cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-L476 doesn't get recognized !

SVerm.2
Associate

Hi ,

I started with the step by step learning program. Installed several software packages and tried my first task in truestudio. However, my Nucleo-L476 doesn't get recocnized. Probably because there's Mbed on it??? How can I get it recocnized?

I did work on a MC6802 processor 40 years ago so I'm a total newbee. I thought of getting into a "new" world........

I hope someone can help me getting started, Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

Mbed doesn't hurt.

Assuming Win10 PC.

When you plug-in the board via USB, a "USB stick" like folder should be created on you PC. If not, you need to install STLINK drivers which come with STM32CubePogrammer for example.

If you see the "USB stick", try STM32CubePogrammer to connect to the Nucleo flash. If this works, the driver is functional.

Truestudio is superseeded by STM32CubeIDE. Not everybody likes it, but I would give it a try.

More info:

1. Video "How to use STM32CubeIDE" and STM32 youtube channel
  2. Read the docs, especially
  1. STM Education

good luck

KnarfB

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please provide more details on your issue ? Do you get an error message ?

Is your device successfully enumerated? If no, try to increase heap and stack sizes.

Also, check your hardware connections comparing with the schematics provided in the STM32L4 User manual.

I recommend you to start with a working example within STM32CubeL4 firmware package, this will help you to deduce what is going wrong in your case.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen