cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a detailed speck for VL53L0X, register addresses, and definitions, I see a code example but i don't want to reverse engineer it. There must be a speck available, how else can you use it on any platform. I see some specks but not able program

JGreg.1
Associate

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

This is the most often asked question. But we are not going to release the register map.

Without the API, it would take months to get the sensor working right. it's not something that would pay you to do.

the reason we can use it on any platform is that we provide the code in C that your application calls. And our API ends with I2C read and write functions.

It's up to you to make the IO work - because we don't know your MCU.

The only knock on our code is that it's big - maybe too big for you.

In that case you can get the code from Sparkfun or Pololu.

They both have functional but less complete bits of code that support different hosts.

• john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.
JGreg.1
Associate

I can't believe you don't have a speck, this part is useless to me, I will find someone else that supports there product.

John Gregorio

John E KVAM
ST Employee

​To be honest I agree with you. But look at it from ST's point of view. This chip is complicated. There are several hundred registers and you have to get them all right. I'm sure you could figure it out eventually, but you would be madder at ST than you are now. And I'm absolutely sure there would be no way I could support engineers sending me hundreds of lines of non-working code to figure out.

I'm sorry we disappointed you, When we made this decision we knew there would be some unhappy customers, but we are firm on the point.

• john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.