cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error downloading the following files

TTems.1
Associate

After I search this problem on Google, I find alot of people face the same problem as me, and those solution did not really work for me.

Yes, I know the workaround by manual download the Zip then parse into %UserProfile%\STM32Cube\Repository, but the IDE should working out of the box is't it ?

So after I trying to find the solution and reinstall the IDE multiple time, I notice something glitchy.

By the newly install, if I generate STM32F4*'s code I have to download 3 files (stm32cube_fw_f4_v1240.zip, stm32cube_fw_f4_v1241.zip, stm32cube_fw_f4_v1242.zip) on the first run it stuck at stm32cube_fw_f4_v1240.zip (Problem during downlad) then I generate the code again, and stuck on stm32cube_fw_f4_v1241 with the same error message for couple times and stm32cube_fw_f4_v1242.zip before everything success

(I'm pretty sure my internet is working find, and disabled my antivirus Kaspersky)

I know this problem occurred on new user only, but that is my first impression for the software and the STM32 Platform

I hope this problem to be fixed soon.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @TTems.1​ ,

Could you please use the last available version of STM32CubeMX.

Kind Regards,

Houssem

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Not sure if updating your tool suite will help but I would recommend such too.

Fact is F4 1.24.2 has been released Feburary 2019 ... since 1.25.2 has been released October 2020 ... I guess most up to date material is mest one.

Rvan.18
Associate II

I installed and used the last version, but I still have the same problem.

As extra info, I am using the Nucleo-F303K8 board.

SKork.1
Associate

If you run the program as administrator, the problem can be solved. I had the same problem and it was solved like this.

Running out of disk space will cause this, as the app doesn't check, and total usage might easily get to 3x the size of the .ZIP which can be 1.2GB on occasion.

Others relate in internet connectivity and quality in general, and if using via a proxy server.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..