cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I recently ordered ST25TV02K-AD6H3 item. I would like to read\write the tag with my iphone 7 Plus, which has iOS 13.3 installed. I also have the latest NFC Tap app installed. When I press scan or read the tag, it does not find it.

DMate.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Dmate,

I made some trials with iPhone7/iOS 13.1.2 and ST25TV02K completely new : NO DEFS, NO CC File (block 0 set to 0x00 00 00 00).

With iOS NFC Tap V2.1 (version from Apple Store https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/nfc-tap/id1278913597) :

• Scanning tag (Button "Read Tag") works fine : As there is no NDEF inside tag, only a popup alert windows appears to indicate that NDEF is not supported. But tag type5 dedection is ok and you can access to memory.
  • Reading NDEF (button "Read NDEF") is not effective as there is no NDEF in the Tag.

In this tag configuration, you can only write a correct CC File in block 0. For ex : xE1 x40 x08 x00

I will try again with iOS13.3 to be sure that there is no regression with this release.

Please, could you send me a dump of tag memory (by using another app or reader ) ? at least 10 first blocks ?

Thx and br,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Dmate,

I made some trials with iPhone7/iOS 13.1.2 and ST25TV02K completely new : NO DEFS, NO CC File (block 0 set to 0x00 00 00 00).

With iOS NFC Tap V2.1 (version from Apple Store https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/nfc-tap/id1278913597) :

• Scanning tag (Button "Read Tag") works fine : As there is no NDEF inside tag, only a popup alert windows appears to indicate that NDEF is not supported. But tag type5 dedection is ok and you can access to memory.
  • Reading NDEF (button "Read NDEF") is not effective as there is no NDEF in the Tag.

In this tag configuration, you can only write a correct CC File in block 0. For ex : xE1 x40 x08 x00

I will try again with iOS13.3 to be sure that there is no regression with this release.

Please, could you send me a dump of tag memory (by using another app or reader ) ? at least 10 first blocks ?

Thx and br,

victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi again Dmate,

So, I have retried with iOS13.3.1/iphone7/NFC Tap Apple Store , and behavior is same as described in my previous answer.

If block0 does not contain valid data, Tag is always detected when hitting "Read Tag" button.

For NDEFs read/write , you MUST at least have an empty NDEF after CC file. This is requested by NFC forum normally.

Please, let me know.

Br,

Vincent

Hi,
I am thinking if the module that was sent to me is corrupted.
I tried again and my IPhone 7 Plus is not reading it. I installed the application ‘NFC Tap’ on Android Huawei Honor 8 and it is not reading it as well.
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hello DMate.1,

Can you indicate which module you are using exactly, please ?  On which antenna is mounted ST25TV02K-AD6H3 chip please ? Where have you ordered it ?

Best Regards,

BB