cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CubeMX Capability(.ioc) for STM32CubeIDE Projects Converted from System for Workbench Projects under STM32H743I_EVAL Example Projects?

BGeor.1
Associate II

We are using STM32H743I_EVAL boards. I have gone through number of examples from "STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.6.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Examples" folder. None of these examples seems to be for STM32CubeIDE. STM32CubeIDE does seem to know how to convert, for example, an SW4STM32 project to a STM32CubeIDE based project. This is fine with me, but I don't see a .ioc file for CubeMX under this converted project. I would like to have the graphical capability with the converted project to configure the firmware features. How do I use CubeMX tool with one of these converted projects from the examples folder.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I don't believe the old projects had any .ioc for SW4STM32 projects. Only the "newer" ones that are made for CubeIDE has them. The workaround I can see is to copy/paste code into a new CubeMX project for the same target.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I don't believe the old projects had any .ioc for SW4STM32 projects. Only the "newer" ones that are made for CubeIDE has them. The workaround I can see is to copy/paste code into a new CubeMX project for the same target.

BGeor.1
Associate II

Thank you Markus! I have come to the same conclusion that I have to do some manual copy of the code from the example project to the new CubeMX project. I would hope one day ST will be able to provide examples in CubeMX project format. Thank you!