cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to STM32H753I_EVAL2 board anymore

Gpeti
Senior II

I know it sounds like a dumb question but I cannot connect anymore to my STM32H753I_EVAL2 (that I've been using extensively for months). I checked the driver in Windows Peripheral Manager. It is properly installed and it shows the same driver DLL as for my Nucleo (that is working fine). The only odd thing I noticed is that the USB device name is not the same as the Nucleo (it shows STMicro STLink USB loader instead of STMicro STlink dongle). But again the installed driver DLLs are the same as the Nucleo.

I tried to desinstall and reinstall the driver (choosing the driver path manually in STM32CubeIDE driver directory) and the result is the same (same behaviour, same device name)

I tried of course a different USB port and cable. I tried to connect through GDB and STM32CubeProgrammer but the board is not seen at all. On the latter there is a message "STLink error 'DEV_USB_COM_ERROR ".

I also checked the board setup: in particular the boot address switch called SW1 is on "Flash".

Any idea how to solve that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gpeti
Senior II

Turns out I "fixed" the issue. I changed the power supply from PSU (power through external power supply jack) to STlk (power through USB). No idea why it stopped working with the external power supply (the jumper JP10 was correctly set to PSU in this setup).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gpeti
Senior II

Turns out I "fixed" the issue. I changed the power supply from PSU (power through external power supply jack) to STlk (power through USB). No idea why it stopped working with the external power supply (the jumper JP10 was correctly set to PSU in this setup).