cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting GNSS NMEA output from X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 software library between X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 board and B-L475-IOT Discovery board on serial terminal through UART comm protocol.

MChav.13
Associate II

Following the "getting started doc" instructions: stacked the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 to the B-L475IOT1A1 Discovery board through the Arduino UNO R3 connectors, opened and compiled the example application using STM32CubeIDE, dragged and dropped the binary produced file into the BL475 board, and pressed the "reset" button I am able to get only a few results on the serial terminal, but not the desired ones as the images in the "getting started doc":

• Option0 -A_GNSS:
    • Results from "Download-PR-Data,X" and "Download-RT-Data,X" are fetched after WiFi connection is established.
    • "GETAGPSSTATUS" displays nothing, rather the serial "block" stays flashing like if its loading or waiting for something.
  • Option1-3:
    • GetPos: I get "Last position wasn't valid"
    • LastPos: I get "Last position wasn't valid"
    • WakeUpStatus: I get "Wake up status: 0"
  • Option 8-9:
    • GetFWVer: empty square brackets, some of them with zeros in them
    • GetGNSMsg: empty square brackets, some of them with zeros in them

On my end, I have gone through all the documentation provided by ST as well as the read me files inside the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 software library but it is still not working. Also, I tried fetching NMEA coordinates by powering on the devices outside with the antenna having a direct exposure to the sky.

I truly am not sure why is not working "out-of-the-box" since it should be an easy flash and good to go. However, I may have overlooked or missed something. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Actually the only docs I have not read are: AN5160 and UM2399.

0 REPLIES 0