cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IO-Link Sensors on STEVAL-IDP004V1?

bernhard.riester
Associate II

Hi,

I'm currently working with the STEVAL-IDP004V1 and I'd like to get process - and service data from a sensor. But in the software examples [https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-io-link.html] I'm just able to find a custom set of commands exchanged with the STEVAL-IDP003V1. Are there examples who to read (and write) data with a given IO-Link sensor?

Best regards

Bernhard

6 REPLIES 6
Winfred LU
ST Employee

It seems the sample codes have been already in the package, STSW-IO-LINK v1.1.1

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-io-link.html

Thank you for your answer. This is the code I've already looked at. Here I find no possibility to read process data, but only a function to send byte sequences to the sensor and to receive them. The sensor board [https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-bfa001v1b.html] says that no stack is supplied for this.

But is there a stack for the master, or would it have to be implemented by the user?

Hi Bernhard,

Not quite understand your question.

STSW-IO-LINK contains 2 packages:

• STEVAL-IDP003V1 package provides IO-Link communication, sensor configurations, and GPIO interrupts for sensor data.
  • STEVAL-IDP004V1 package provides the communication with PC Hyper Terminal for STEVAL-IDP004V1 configuration and data exchange with STEVAL-IDP003V1 board hosting the L6362A device.

Possibly you're looking for STSW-BFA001V1 ?

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-bfa001v1.html

Best Regards,

Winfred

bernhard.riester
Associate II

Should have been an answer to aboves reply. could be deleted

Hi Winfred,

sorry for the confusion.

Situation:

I'd like to use the STEVAL-IDP004V1 to read data from an real IO-Link standard conform sensor. I do not have the STEVAL-IDP003V1. In the sourcecode you linked the communication between those two boards is not "real" IO-Link, but RAW Bytes through the IO-Link controller. So it's more or less just UART with different voltages. In explaination of STEVAL-IDP003V1 this is mentioned: "The package is IO-Link capable (IO-Link stack is not included) with a demonstration that includes communication with the STEVAL-IDP004V1 IO-Link-master-capable multi-port evaluation board."

My question is: Is there a IO-Link Stack available for the STEVAL-IDP004V1 to communicate with real IO-Link Sensors and read/write process data and service data rather than raw bytes (where I have to take care about headers, timings, flags and so on according to specification)?

If I get the board correct it's just the hardware implementation of the IO-Link standard and not the software-stack. So more or less the second question is: Is this assumption correct?

Best regards

Bernhard

Hi Winfred,

sorry for the confusion.

Situation:

I'd like to use the STEVAL-IDP004V1 to read data from an real IO-Link standard conform sensor. I do not have the STEVAL-IDP003V1. In the sourcecode you linked the communication between those two boards is not "real" IO-Link, but RAW Bytes through the IO-Link controller. So it's more or less just UART with different voltages. In explaination of STEVAL-IDP003V1 this is mentioned: "The package is IO-Link capable (IO-Link stack is not included) with a demonstration that includes communication with the STEVAL-IDP004V1 IO-Link-master-capable multi-port evaluation board."

My question is: Is there a IO-Link Stack available for the STEVAL-IDP004V1 to communicate with real IO-Link Sensors and read/write process data and service data rather than raw bytes (where I have to take care about headers, timings, flags and so on according to specification)?

If I get the board correct it's just the hardware implementation of the IO-Link standard and not the software-stack. So more or less the second question is: Is this assumption correct?

Best regards

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

I want to do something similar only with a STEVAL-IOM001V1. Be aware that ​I am new to IO-LINK and to ST controllers 🙂

Nevertheless, I think you are right in your assumption of having only a raw interface. On top of this you (we) need (to buy) the real IO-LINK stack from the company TEConcept. This stack provides the high level or real protocol handling code.

The question, can you confirm if I am right?

Any additional info on how you went on would be really appreciated​.

Best regards,

Jozef​