cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bugs found in STM32CubeMP1 & misleading AN5253.

Bumsik Kim
Senior

Hi,

I'm currently working on porting Arduino Core for STM32 to STM32MP1 Cortex M4 core.

Here are some stuff I found:

1. Typo: I post it in the Github: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMP1/pull/1
  2. Possible bugs in HAL driver: stm32mp1xx_hal_conf_template.h includes some modules and definitions that STM32CubeMP1 doesn't actually have, such as "stm32mp1xx_hal_eth.h", "stm32mp1xx_hal_rtc.h", "stm32mp1xx_hal_smartcard.h", HAL_ETH_MODULE_ENABLED....etc. I'm not sure if it is a bug or something intentional.
  3. The Section 4.1 "STM32 product cross-compatibility" in AN5253 "Migrating from STM32F469/479 line to STM32MP151, STM32MP153 and STM32MP157 lines" has some misleading contents. Specifically, it describes as if the Cortex M4 core supports OTGFS, OTGHS, and RTC (probably more) but the STM32Cube package does not actually support those peripherals. Does this mean that it is planned to support those, or the AN is misleading?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Bumsik Kim​ 

Thanks for your post.

We confirm the 3 issues you report.

1 and 2 as been internally escalate for fix.

3. We confirm AN5253 issue. There is no plan to support OTG and RTC in STM32CubeMP1 package. Note that RTC time and date could be read by Cortex-M4 by directly reading registers, no driver provided as RTC is initialized on Linux side.

Will keep you posted here when fix and doc update will be delivered.

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Bumsik Kim​ 

Thanks for your post.

We confirm the 3 issues you report.

1 and 2 as been internally escalate for fix.

3. We confirm AN5253 issue. There is no plan to support OTG and RTC in STM32CubeMP1 package. Note that RTC time and date could be read by Cortex-M4 by directly reading registers, no driver provided as RTC is initialized on Linux side.

Will keep you posted here when fix and doc update will be delivered.

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, Thanks for reply and confirm them! I expected more than a week to get an answer lol. ​I look forward to seeing updates!