cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI ESD(?) IC Identification

GOetj
Associate

Hello! I am trying to identify an IC that is connected to an Xbox One X's HDMI 2.1 output.

The markings on the chip appear as:

(ST logo)

NFD (1st Line)

741 (2nd Line)

There are 18 solder balls attached to the pcb from the chip, arranged as so (after removing the chip):

0690X000008wDMCQA2.jpg

From what I have searched so far, it appears that the chip is most likely an IC acting as an HDMI esd filter, but I cannot find a chip with the same pin layout.

It would be really appreciated if someone could assist me in sourcing this chip.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
RKazi.1
Associate

I would like an answer to the same question. This is definitely a IC chip that should be available to purchase instead of being forced to salvage from donor motherboards. Please provide an option for purchasing this IC chip.

RKazi.1
Associate

GOetj, I just pulled this chip off of a broken Xbox one X board and took a picture of the back side of it under my microscope. Not that it will help with replacing it, but I figured you'd like to see what it looks like. STMicroelectronics, Please make this IC available to purchase! I would be willing to buy a decent amount of them to resale if you can make a run of them.

0693W000001tF1XQAU.jpg

J0hn
Associate

Here is an alternative:

Xbox Series X / S / Xbox One X ESD Booster IC Alternative. 

https://www.ubermicro.co.uk/product/xbox-esd-hdmi-booster-u21-alternative-for-series-x-series-s-and-one-x/