cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2013 build failure for TouchGFX simualtor.

JunBeom Kim
Associate II

Dear Sir,

I am using TouchGFX tools 4.9.3 and 4.10.0.

After I download project template, I am tring to build TouchGFX application using Visual Studio Express 2013.

On referencing, I changed Platform toolset from v141 to v120 for VS 2013.

But, there is problem for tring to building application code on Visual Studio Exress 2013.

Error message on TouchGFX 4.9.3 in below;

Error 1 error : ../../assets/images/Thumbs.db not supported by image converter D:\TouchGFX-projects\4.9.3\F769DiscoSliderExample\simulator\msvs\EXEC Application

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ""..\..\touchgfx\\framework\tools\imageconvert\build\msvs\ImageConvert.exe" -dither 2 -alpha_dither yes -non_opaque_image_format ARGB8888 -opaque_image_format RGB888 -r "..\..\assets\images" -w "..\..\generated\images"" exited with code -1. D:\TouchGFX-projects\4.9.3\F769DiscoSliderExample\simulator\msvs\touchgfx_prebuild.targets 92 5 Application

Error message on TouchGFX 4.10.0 in below;

Error 1 error : assets/images/Thumbs.db not supported by image converter D:\TouchGFX-projects\4.10.0\F769DiscoSliderExample\TouchGFX\simulator\msvs\EXEC Application

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ""D:\TouchGFX-projects\4.10.0\F769DiscoSliderExample\Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\framework\tools\imageconvert\build\msvs\ImageConvert.exe" -dither 2 -alpha_dither yes -non_opaque_image_format ARGB8888 -opaque_image_format RGB888 -r assets\images -w generated\images" exited with code -1. D:\TouchGFX-projects\4.10.0\F769DiscoSliderExample\TouchGFX\simulator\msvs\touchgfx_prebuild.targets 95 5 Application

Please could you help me for resolving this ?

Best Regards,

JunBeom Kim / EmbedCoreTech

2 REPLIES 2
cameronf
Senior

It looks like the image converter utility that runs to convert all your image assets to source code before compiling can't handle the "Thumbs.db" file in the images folder. Thumbs.db is an auto-generated file by Windows so shouldn't be part of the project. Try deleting it and recompiling.

Also, here's a link to show how to disable the caching that causes that thumbs.db file to appear: https://www.sitepoint.com/switch-off-thumbs-db-in-windows/

JunBeom Kim
Associate II

I resolved this by your help. 

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

JunBeom Kim