cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase speed for STSW-SPIN3202 firmware package library

CKund.4
Associate

I have been working with the STSW-SPIN3202 library with the STEVAL-SPIN3202 and am unable to spin the Bull Running BR2804 above 8900rpm. I would like to have full speed control from 0-100% duty cycle but something is limiting the speed. Software development is being performed in uVision5.

The motor halts and the diagnostic LED turns on. The STATUS at shutdown is set to 11, corresponding to a LF_TIMER_FAILURE (motor stall).

I did disable the Timer Break feature for the high frequency timer as this was originally inhibiting the speed.  I admit that I am not overly familiar with the operation of the timer break feature.

After disabling the timer break, I performed the following tasks to try and attain a speed greater than 8900rpm.

1. I have increased the MAX_POT_SPEED to 15000 in the corresponding motor parameter header file
  2. Checked the ARR_LF to ensure that underflow is not occurring in the low frequency timer
  3. Checked the output of the PI regulator to ensure it was not exceeding limit
  4. Decreased the LF_TIMER prescaler. Speed was still limited at 8900rpm with several prescaler values.
  5. Checked the demag_value being generated to ensure that it is not exceeding the expected zero crossing
  6. Checked the BEMF waveform and observed that it was definately not symetrical, which is expected since something is inhibiting the driver from reaching the target speed.
  7. Enabled PWM_ON_BEMF_SENSING for better zero crossing detection at high speeds

Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated. This library will work great if I can just get past this hurdle.

1 REPLY 1
TFall
Associate

Disappointing not to see any kind of response about that big problem.

I am in my case working with the STEVAL-SPIN3204 hw. When I read in the UM at any time it is mentionned how to fix the LF_TIMER_FAILURE.

More support would be great.