cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubeprogrammer fails to install in MacOS

JVers.6
Associate

When starting install as described in documents, the setup icon appears and disappears directly. I tried to open the installer from the command line and then the following error message appears "LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/joszelf/Downloads/en/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.1.0.app. "

Latest version of Java is installed. MacOS Latest version

9 REPLIES 9
john doe
Lead

these applications need java 8 and wont work with java 10.

also, st does not digitally sign their binaries, so the mac os puts it in quarantine

use the command

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine <the path to your installer>

to remove the quarantine flag

also, dont install as root into /Applications. install it as a normal user into somewhere else, such as Developer. same with the CubeMX application.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JVers.6​ 

Could you please specify the MAC Os version used?

This issue is raised internally for check and we will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PMona
Associate II

Rather than launch the STM32Cube installer app, I selected the app, then Ctrl-Clicked to select "Show Package Contents". Next, Navigate to Contents>>macOs then Ctrl-Click on SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_2_1_macos and select "Open" and the installer will run

whatcall
Associate

Same issue with running the SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.3.0

The command line running raises error:

➜  SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.3.0.app /Applications/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.3.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_3_0_macos
Error: Unable to access jarfile ../../../SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.3.0.exe

macOS 10.14.2

java -version

java version "1.8.0_121"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

My previous installed STM32CubeMX app works normally.

Yeah, finally find the correct way to install. Helps me a lot! Thank you!😀

KDeli.1
Associate II

hello, did you solve your problem? i have the same issue

My recollection is that I dragged the existing app and associated folders to the trash, then installed.

After that the problem still exist, "..failed with error -1081" with the latsest Java edition

K311
Associate II

this way is work for me.