cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step mode bug in SPINFamily Evaluation Software (L6470)

dmatsumoto
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2013 at 19:23

I just got the SPINFamily eval software running on my PC, and can control my motor with it.  However, I just went into the Register Map to change the step mode from 1/128 to full step.  It turns out that no matter what value I write, when I read it back it is still set to 1/128.  I have changed other values in the Register Map, such as the OCD and stall thresholds, and those values can be set without problems.  Has anyone else seen this?

I downloaded the software just a week or two ago, but haven't been able to get the IBUUI to work (it just crashes all of the time).  But this updater should have anything to do with how the evaluation software sets registers, right?

#l6470 #eval #step-mode
1 REPLY 1
dmatsumoto
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2013 at 19:34

Here is what my IBUUI updater does...

(couldn't figure out how to upload an image with the Image Uploader, so...)

DFUSeConsole.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002).  Click OK to close the application.

This happens right after the popup that says ''Updating firmware...  DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESET THE BOARD!!!''.

When I close the message, it then says ''The update cannot be completed.  Your current firmware version do not support DFU.  Please, update your board through a JTAG programmer.''